We have been asked to provide chaperone supervision for Arts Odyssey on the 21st. This will entail herding and wrangling the student performers through the holding areas during the performances
We are in need of six chaperones. Please help if you can
Now is a great time to get your clearances (direction on the web site). Chaperones are needed for two weeks of pre band camp and a week at Camp Kon-O-Kwee Starting July 21st thru August 8th . So request your vacation time and get ready for a great season!
2014 Band Festival
- Please see our festival page more info.
NBB Twitter Account
- Parents and students...
If you have a twitter acct please follow ngflamesband. You will need to be approved to follow so only band parents and band members will be allowed. We will begin using twitter as another mode of communication for updates. We would also like to use it as a way of communicating in Disney if there is a change of plans and we need to get in touch with everyone quickly. We will still be using txt and phone in Disney if you don't want a twitter acct. Thank you, Greg Tadda
- Don't forget that each student is required to have a physical after June 1st but before band camp. These forms were also included in the band packet, but copies can be picked up in the office during regular daytime hours.
- Forms are also available here
Northgate School District Insurance Info
- Click here for more information.
- Information on the process
- Child Abuse History Clearance Form
- Criminal Records Check Form
- Online Criminal Records Check
- The State is mandating for all school staff and volunteers. That includes all band volunteers, PTO volunteers, elementary school volunteers, room parents, coaches, volunteer coaches, basically anyone that has contact with the children. This training session is called Mandated Reporting of Suspected Child Abuse: Knowing your role in the protection of children. There will be another class the week of January 20th which will be held in the morning. You will only be required to go once and it will cover all of your interactions with Northgate Students. Please contact us if you will or will not be able to attend this class. Again, everyone with student contact in the district is required to take this training and it is a State of Pennsylvania requirement.
- Uniforms will be kept at school in the Band Room.
- Home Games
- Students will report directly to Bellevue Elementary at 6:15 PM, unload the equipment truck and dress in their uniform.
- Following the game, students will change out of uniforms and load uniforms, equipment, and instruments onto the truck before being dismissed directly from Bellevue Elementary.
- Away Events
- Students will report to the high school 45 minutes before bus departure, ensure that all equipment is loaded on the truck and dress in their uniform.
- Students will return to the high school after the event, unload equipment and instruments into the band room, and change out of uniforms and hang them up before being dismissed.