Here is an update with our schedule.Our meet times are early knowing that people do not arrive on time and by time everyone arrives we will be leaving with enough time.
- Saturday September 20th: Meet: 4:30 pm Leave: 5:00 pm -We are heading to the Brentwood Band Festival first, which will be located at Thomas Jefferson High School, where we are performing 2nd. Then we are immediately leaving and heading to the Keystone Oaks Band Festival for the remainder of the evening.
- Saturday September 27th: Meet: 4:30 pm Leave: 5:00 pm -This is the Peters Township Band Festival, finally a Festival we can attend in its entirety!
- Saturday October 18th: Meet: 5:00 pm Leave: 5:30 pm -This is the Allegheny Valley Band Festival which is being Hosted by Hampton this year.
A message from the Band Fest Bake Sale Committee:
- Please consider donation at least 2 dozen of an item and bring to field on the day of the Band Festival. We would appreciate if you could please pre-package the goods in baggies or wrap to be sold for 50 cents each. Please note that fresh baked items sell faster than store bought however many people love to purchase Oreo's! Nut and nut-free items will be on separate tables so please label accordingly. Thank you!!
2014 Band Festival
- Please consider helping in the concession stand for our Band Festival October 11th. This event is our biggest fund raiser of the year and we need everybody's help to pull this off without a hitch. If you have already volunteered to help with the Band Festival. Thank you. If you have not please help in the concession stand. We are expecting a large crowd as we have 8 bands total in attendance.
- Please see our festival page more info.
About Receiving Band Texts:
If you wish to receive text messages regarding band, please follow the instructions below.
- Go to your text app on your phone.
- Click the compose button (looks like a piece of paper & pen)
- In the recipient/to box type: email@example.com
- In the message box type: Add me & your name (so I know who you are)
- Do not email me you must TEXT this to me.
This will give me your phones email address. We will then add this email to your contact information and you will receive text messages for updates and reminders.
We will only use this for brief texts and not for long emails.
Please consider that you may be charged for text messages by your carrier. Northgate Band Boosters is not responsible for any charges you may incur.
Northgate Band Boosters
You should be receiving emails from the president and VP2, treasurer email addresses as well as secretary emails.
If you are not please check your spam folder, first. If they are in spam folder add both of those accounts to your contact list so they no longer go to spam.
If you do not have any emails in spam, please let me know so I can add your email to our 2014-2015 distribution list.
If you have any questions about this let me know.
There will be no further emails using the old 2013-2014 distribution list.
Northgate Band Boosters
NBB Twitter Account
- Parents and students...
If you have a twitter acct please follow ngflamesband. You will need to be approved to follow so only band parents and band members will be allowed. We will begin using twitter as another mode of communication for updates. We would also like to use it as a way of communicating in Disney if there is a change of plans and we need to get in touch with everyone quickly. We will still be using txt and phone in Disney if you don't want a twitter acct. Thank you, Greg Tadda
- Don't forget that each student is required to have a physical after June 1st but before band camp. These forms were also included in the band packet, but copies can be picked up in the office during regular daytime hours.
- Forms are also available here
Northgate School District Insurance Info
- Click here for more information.
- Information on the process
- Child Abuse History Clearance Form
- Criminal Records Check Form
- Online Criminal Records Check
- The State is mandating for all school staff and volunteers. That includes all band volunteers, PTO volunteers, elementary school volunteers, room parents, coaches, volunteer coaches, basically anyone that has contact with the children. This training session is called Mandated Reporting of Suspected Child Abuse: Knowing your role in the protection of children. There will be another class the week of January 20th which will be held in the morning. You will only be required to go once and it will cover all of your interactions with Northgate Students. Please contact us if you will or will not be able to attend this class. Again, everyone with student contact in the district is required to take this training and it is a State of Pennsylvania requirement.
- Uniforms will be kept at school in the Band Room.
- Home Games
- Students will report directly to Bellevue Elementary at 6:15 PM, unload the equipment truck and dress in their uniform.
- Following the game, students will change out of uniforms and load uniforms, equipment, and instruments onto the truck before being dismissed directly from Bellevue Elementary.
- Away Events
- Students will report to the high school 45 minutes before bus departure, ensure that all equipment is loaded on the truck and dress in their uniform.
- Students will return to the high school after the event, unload equipment and instruments into the band room, and change out of uniforms and hang them up before being dismissed.