Light Up Night and Jazz Band at 565
Report time is 5:30 at the
YMCA parking lot (per Mr. D. he wants everyone to meet at Northwest bank at 5:30; we will then walk down to the YMCA to get instruments for the march) on Friday. Please dress warm & Festive.
Band Front please consult with Amanda for appropriate dress.
Band members should plan on loading truck at 3 on Friday also. Then unloading truck right after parade.
Jazz band members should wear jazz shirts under jackets.
Jazz Band will load up equipment at 3 on Friday and unload & setup at 565 right after. Please plan on helping.
There will be time to eat before performing at 565. Consider enjoying food at 565 Between parade and concert.
Members will need to be back to 565 by 8 with your instrument. hope to see you all at parade and at 565 live to support the Sizzlers Jazz Band!
Photos and video.
- Check your email for a link to a DropBox account with this year's photos and video, courtesy of Grant Saylor.
- Premier Jewelry.
- Runs until December 2nd
- Turn in orders to Lisa Saylor.
NBB Twitter Account
- Parents and students...
If you have a twitter acct please follow ngflamesband. You will need to be approved to follow so only band parents and band members will be allowed. We will begin using twitter as another mode of communication for updates. We would also like to use it as a way of communicating in Disney if there is a change of plans and we need to get in touch with everyone quickly. We will still be using txt and phone in Disney if you don't want a twitter acct. Thank you, Greg Tadda
- Don't forget that each student is required to have a physical after June 1st but before band camp. These forms were also included in the band packet, but copies can be picked up in the office during regular daytime hours.
- Forms are also available here
Northgate School District Insurance Info
- Click here for more information.
- Information on the process
- Child Abuse History Clearance Form
- Criminal Records Check Form
- Online Criminal Records Check
- The State is mandating for all school staff and volunteers. That includes all band volunteers, PTO volunteers, elementary school volunteers, room parents, coaches, volunteer coaches, basically anyone that has contact with the children. This training session is called Mandated Reporting of Suspected Child Abuse: Knowing your role in the protection of children. There will be another class the week of January 20th which will be held in the morning. You will only be required to go once and it will cover all of your interactions with Northgate Students. Please contact us if you will or will not be able to attend this class. Again, everyone with student contact in the district is required to take this training and it is a State of Pennsylvania requirement.
- Uniforms will be kept at school in the Band Room.
- Home Games
- Students will report directly to Bellevue Elementary at 6:15 PM, unload the equipment truck and dress in their uniform.
- Following the game, students will change out of uniforms and load uniforms, equipment, and instruments onto the truck before being dismissed directly from Bellevue Elementary.
- Away Events
- Students will report to the high school 45 minutes before bus departure, ensure that all equipment is loaded on the truck and dress in their uniform.
- Students will return to the high school after the event, unload equipment and instruments into the band room, and change out of uniforms and hang them up before being dismissed.